- Turn off your Mac (choose Apple > Shut Down).
- Press the power button while holding down Command-R. The Mac will boot into Recovery mode. When you see the load bar appear you can let go of the keys. It may take a few minutes to load.
- Choose Utilities tab in the top menu bar > Terminal.
- Enter resetpassword (all one word, lowercase letters) and press Return
- Select the volume containing the account (normally this will be your Main hard drive).
- Choose the account to change with Select the User Account.
- Enter a new password and re-enter it into the password fields.
- Enter a new password hint related to the password.
- Click Save.
- A warning will appear that the password has changed, but not the Keychain Password. Click OK.
- Click Apple > Shut Down.
- Now start up the Mac. You can login using the new password.
How to reset Mac's password
Apple includes a tool with Mac OS X to replace a Mac's password. This is the best option if you have completely forgotten your password. Follow these steps:
If you encounter connection refused and unable to load resource: software/avctKVM.jar when use Dell iDrac, Downgrade to Java 7 u21 (remove...
You need to double check your current active account and make sure your current active account have that permission. Or else you need to g...
How to fix: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.apache.logging.log4j.ThreadContext.getThreadContextMap()Check whether an older version of the log4j-api module is also on the classpath and it is loaded before the newer version.
This is a great opportunity to get exposure for your startup and potentially win some prizes.